Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wrapped Asparagus

Mmm.  Wrapped asparagus.  Since, I've discovered this recipe, I've been making it for every get party or get together I throw.  It's really good, it looks pretty in a dish, and it's simple to make.



Wrapped Asparagus

Ingredients -
  1. 20 fresh asparagus spears (get the smaller, slender spears)
  2. 20 thin slices prosciutto
  3. 10 teaspoons cream cheese

Directions -
  1. Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the tough portion.  You grasp the stalk with both hands and bend the bottom portion until it breaks off. The asparagus will naturally break off at the point where the tender portion ends and the tough, stringy part begins.
  2. Blanch the asparagus.  Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot.  Add asparagus and let boil for 2 minutes (for the smaller spears) 3 minutes if you have larger spears.  I always set a timer.  You really don't want to overcook the asparagus because you want it to have just a little crunch.
  3. Immediately remove the asparagus and place in a large bowl of ice filled with water (prepare this ahead of time). This will stop the cooking process immediately.
  4. After the asparagus is cooled, I scoop them out of the ice water and lay on paper towels to dry.  I usually pat them with paper towels to get any excess water off.
  5. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto flat on top of each other.
  6. Spread with about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese.
  7. Lay two asparagus spears along one side of the meat with the top of the spear sticking out a little.
  8. Roll up tightly, the cream cheese will hold them together.
  9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 asparagus wraps.
Calories per wrap - 59

I'm guilty of eating about 4 or 5 of these at at time or as I'm grazing the spread of food! 

I found this basic recipe at Finger Food Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment