Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Chicken Baked Ziti

I came across this on http://www.food.com/  while looking for something new to use some leftover rotisserie chicken.  Pretty good, but I of course added a little more cheese and sauce than the recipe calls for.


Chicken Baked Ziti

Ingredients -
1 (16oz) bag ziti pasta (penne or rigato will also work)
1 (10oz) jar pasta sauce (spaghetti sauce is what I used)
1 (3c) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (6oz) packages Louis Rich cooked chicken breasts  (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)

Directions -
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil pasta until cooked all the way through.
Drain and pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Add to pasta.
Pour sauce and half of the cheese over the pasta.
Stir until well mixed.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese starts to brown.

Serves 8.

Calories per serving - 447

This recipe was pulled from www.food.com/33217

Sorry, but I have no photo.  I wasn't thinking the night I made this.  ha

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading all your recipes tonight! The problem with Samantha's taste is that she doesn't like cooked things, and it seems that's the easiest way to "get" that high fat/calories in there! I will be trying anything I can, though. She's just too thin.

    ReplyDelete