Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ham Cream Cheese Ball

Oh, cheese ball how I love you!  I've always liked cheese, but have recently grown more fond of it.  Rachel is always wanting to eat some form of cheese.  Anyway, I hope you'll try this cheese ball at your next get together or just make to snack on.  Either way it's good. 



poor cheese ball; it never had a chance
served at my Great Strides Kick-off party

Ham Cream Cheese Ball

Ingredients -
  1. 2 (8oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
  2. 2 oz. diced ham (about 1/4 of an 8oz pkg) or (2 oz thinly sliced deli ham, finely chopped)
  3. 3 green onions, finely chopped or a palm full of freeze dried chives (I already had the chives, so that is what I used)
  4. 2 T Worcestershire sauce
  5. crackers, raw veggies
Directions -
  1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, ham, onions, and Worcestershire sauce. 
  2. Shape into a large ball.
  3. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  4. Serve with crackers and veggies.
You can also roll the cheese ball in finely chopped nuts of your choice.  Also, you could make several dozen small cheese balls (roughly 3/4 in size balls). 

Serving - 3 T
Calories per serving - 139
*I think I eat way more that a serving size.  hehe*

No comments:

Post a Comment