Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Rolls

Here's one from CFvoice.  It's so easy, so creamy, so tasty.  You're just gonna have to make it. 




Chicken Rolls

Ingredients -
4 c. cooked chicken, diced
4 T. melted margarine
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
4 T. whole milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 pkg. crescent rolls (divided into rectangle- should have 8 rectangles total)
2 T melted margarine (for topping)
Parmesan cheese (for topping)

Directions -
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cream cheese, margarine, milk, and salt.  Add diced chicken to mixture and stir.  Place chicken mixture in the center of each rectangle.  Fold the ends over, but do not seal.  With 2 T. melted margarine, baste the top of each roll and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. 

Makes 8 rolls.
Calories per roll - 480.

For extra calories use half and half instead of milk.  I threw in a few chives for a little more flavor.  Also, it's pretty easy half the recipe - that's what I did for us. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry. I just came across your blog when I was looking for high calorie meals for my CF daughter. Thanks for taking the time to put together these recipes! I just made this chicken and my very picky 8 year old really liked it! Thanks!!! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you liked a recipe. If you have a favorite high calorie recipe you'd like to share you can send it through the "contact me" section at the bottom of the page. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers.

      Delete