Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Pasta Salad (Italian & Balsamic Vinaigrette)

I love pasta salad.  It's so easy and I think quite tasty.  Below are two I make often.  I found this recipe on the Kitchen Daily website.  Of course I changed it just a little to suite my taste.  Hope you enjoy this quick and easy dish.

Italian Pasta Salad

Ingredients -
3 c. cooked rotini (I've also used shells, penne, & bow tie)
2 cans (4.5oz) chunk chicken
1 cucumber, cut in half & sliced
1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 sm. can sliced black olives
3T chopped parsley
3/4 c. Kraft Tuscan House Italian dressing

Directions -
Stir ingredients together.  Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.  Good for about a week.

I also like to add fresh mozzarella pearl size balls.  Sometimes, I add sweet pea and/or finely chopped carrots.

Serves - 4
Calories per serving - 483



I also make it for me without tomatoes! 

Balsamic Vinaigrette Pasta Salad

Ingredients -
same as above except for the dressing; use 3/4 c  balsamic vinaigrette instead of the Italian dressing
(you can use a store bought dressing or make your own - I used the recipe by Emeril Lagasse, Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe listed below).

Directions -
same as above

Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Ingredients -
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. dark brown sugar, optional
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
3/4 c. olive oil

Directions -
  1. Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper until the sugar and salt dissolves.
  2. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly.
  3. Taste and adjust the seasonings. 
If not using the dressing, cover and refrigerate, whisking again before use.
**If using a good quality balsamic vinegar you should not need the sugar, but if using a lesser quality you might want the sugar to round our the dressing.**  ( I used one teaspoon of the sugar for mine.)

Balsamic Vinaigrette Pasta Salad
Serves - 4
Calories per serving - 616

No comments:

Post a Comment