Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Easy Soft Pretzels

I found a soft pretzel recipe from the website CFvoice .   This is pretty much it, but I did make a few changes.





Easy Soft Pretzels

Ingredients -
  • 1 loaf frozen white bread dough (I used Rhodes BakeNServ)
  • coarse sea salt or kosher salt (I used kosher)
  • 1 egg white, lightly beaten
  • 1 Tbsp. water

Directions -
  1. Thaw dough completely. 
  2. On a floured surface, roll into a square (my would only shape into a rectangle). 
  3. Cut the dough into 5 strips. 
  4. Roll each strip between your palms into a large rope. 
  5. Shape into pretzels by tying a loose knot and looping the ends through; pinch to seal. 
  6. Let stand 30 minutes. 
  7. Mix egg white and water, brush onto pretzels and sprinkle with salt. 
  8. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. 

Servings - 5
Serving size - 1 pretzel
Calories per serving - 234

**You can bump up the calories a little by dipping the pretzels in a cheddar cheese sauce (1oz cheese sauce is 40 calories).** 

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I think I'll go get the ingredients today.

    ReplyDelete