Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pasta Bolognese

This recipe is so creamy and full of garlic.  I've never made anything like this before.  To be quite honest, I've never made any pasta sauce from scratch.  I was very easy and the whole family liked it. 



Pasta Bolognese
adapted from CF Chef

Ingredients -

2 lbs ground meat (pork, beef, veal or a mixture of)
4 T olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
4 cloves minced garlic
6 oz cream cheese
1 c milk or half & half
2 c shredded Parmesan cheese ( plus more for topping)
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 pound pasta
butter
salt and pepper to taste

Directions -
  1. In a large non-stick skillet or soup pot, cook meat.
  2. Drain fat and return to pot.
  3. Add olive oil and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
  4. Add garlic and saute for about 4 minutes.
  5. Add chunks of cream cheese to melt in and then add milk, Parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
  6. In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions. 
  7. Drain and return pasta to pot.  Toss with butter. 
  8. Plate each dish with pasta and top with Bolognese sauce. 
About 4 servings.
Calories per serving - 602 - just sauce (add about 300 cals for pasta with butter; cals vary with pasta type, but they all see to be pretty close)

Geez, I should have calculated the calories BEFORE I fixed my plate.....ooops for me, but awesome for Rachel! 

Yum.  Pasta Bolognese with grilled squash
I hope you'll make it...at least for the CFer in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment