This recipe is so creamy and full of garlic. I've never made anything like this before. To be quite honest, I've never made any pasta sauce from scratch. I was very easy and the whole family liked it.
adapted from CF Chef
2 lbs ground meat (pork, beef, veal or a mixture of)
4 T olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
4 cloves minced garlic
6 oz cream cheese
1 c milk or half & half
2 c shredded Parmesan cheese ( plus more for topping)
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 pound pasta
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet or soup pot, cook meat.
- Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add olive oil and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add chunks of cream cheese to melt in and then add milk, Parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return pasta to pot. Toss with butter.
- Plate each dish with pasta and top with Bolognese sauce.
Calories per serving - 602 - just sauce (add about 300 cals for pasta with butter; cals vary with pasta type, but they all see to be pretty close)
Geez, I should have calculated the calories BEFORE I fixed my plate.....ooops for me, but awesome for Rachel!
|Yum. Pasta Bolognese with grilled squash. |
I hope you'll make it...at least for the CFer in your life.