|Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup|
printed from internet search -
I don't know the site
1 T vegetable oil
3 c cooked shredded chicken (I baked a small chicken and shredded the entire thing)
1/2 c diced onion
1 clove garlic; pressed, grated, or very finely diced
4 c chicken broth
1 c masa harina (flour found in baking section) *all purpose flour may be substituted
3 c water
1 c enchilada sauce
16 oz Velveeta
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until almost translucent, then add garlic and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add chicken broth
- Combine masa harina with 2 (of the 3) cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. *Do this with all purpose flour if that's what you're using.
- Add masa harina mixture to the pot with garlic, onions, and broth.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices to the pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add chicken to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips and pico de gallo.
Pico de gallo -
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 c diced Spanish onion
2 tsp chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-ribbed
2 tsp finely minced fresh cilantro
pinch of salt
Serving size - 1 cup
Makes roughly 13 servings
Calories per serving - 212
Calories per pot - 2754 calories
This is so easy to add calories when served. As mentioned in #7, you can add shredded cheddar or tortilla chips. When I make a bowl for myself, I like to add a dollop of sour cream, the shredded cheddar, and use the tortilla chips as crackers. Corn chips are also really good.