Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I made this the other night for Rach and Russ.  I was browsing through my crap load many cookbooks looking to try some new recipes. I noticed that I had all the ingredients for this and it looked quick'n easy.  Boy was it ever quick and easy; not to mention tasty.  You didn't think I would pass up giving a taste test did you?

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
In all the excitement, I failed to get a "pretty" pic

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
from Pillsbury Casseroles & One-Dish Meals (Oct. 2002)

Ingredients -

Cake:
1 1/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
2 T butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Pudding Mixture:
1 c sugar
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
Dash salt
1 1/3 c boiling water

Directions -
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In medium  bowl (for cake part), combine flour, 3/4 c sugar, 1/4 c cocoa, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt; mix well.  Add milk, butter, and vanilla; stir until well blended.   Spread batter in ungreased 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan. 
  2. In small bowl (for pudding part), combine 1 c sugar, 1/4 c cocoa, and dash salt; mix well.  Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.  Pour boiling water over sugar/pudding mixture. 
  3. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until center is set and firm to the touch.  Serve warm.  If desired, serve with ice cream.  Store in the refrigerator. 
Servings - 8
Calories per serving - 300

Rachel's bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment