Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Easy Chicken Surprise


Another recipe pulled from my CF cookbook "Kids Crave The Darndest Things".  Honestly, I didn't have high hopes for this but I happened to have all the ingredients and thought I'd give it a try.  It was good.  Hubby even liked it and he doesn't usually like stuff with any "cream of" soups in it. 



Easy Chicken Surprise
from  Amanda M. Ogden, Clearfield, PA
"Kids Crave the Darndest Things"

Ingredients -

4 chicken breast halves (skinned and deboned), about 4 oz. per breast
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can of milk
1 c crushed Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1/2 stick butter (1/4 c), melted

Directions -

  1. Place the breasts in a shallow baking dish and top with cheese.
  2. Dump soup in a medium bowl and thin with milk.  Pour over chicken.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine melted butter and stuffing.
  4. Spoon stuffing/butter mixture on top.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This recipe can be a surprise every time you make it! 
Variations: (the surprise part)
  1. Place a slice of ham around each chicken breast. (Adds about 50 calories)
  2. Spread 1 1/2 c cooked rice evenly in the bottom of baking dish.  Increase milk to a full soup can.  (Adds an additional 100 calories per serving)
  3. Place broccoli spears under each breast. 
Serves - 4
Calories per serving - 440 (24g fat)

  I made this with extra Swiss cheese and instant rice on the bottom.  I really liked having this for supper the other night and have been dreaming up ways to make a different "surprise". 

Easy Chicken Surprise with Caesar salad

Just because Rachel really wanted to be in a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment