Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vanilla Peppermint Cupcakes

Rachel and I took Christmas treats to her CF care team and these cupcakes are one of the treats.  I like to take them different or unique goodies and I thought these fit the bill.  I found this recipe here at Coco & Vanilla.  My cupcakes aren't nearly as pretty as theirs.  We used gold sprinkles; only because the commissary didn't have the regular red and white candy canes and I really didn't want to make another stop.  I hope you'll make these this Christmas season. 




Vanilla Peppermint Cupcakes
from Coco & Vanilla
makes 1 dozen

Ingredients -

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour; sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1/2 c whole milk; room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter; room temperature
1 c sugar
1 large egg; room temperature
2 large egg whites; room temperature

Directions -
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.
  3. In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer on med-high speed - cream butter unitl light and fluffy.
  4. Gradually add sugar until well combined and fluffy.
  5. Reduce mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
  6. With mixer on low, slowly add 1/2 the flour mixture; mix until just blended. 
  7. Add the milk, vanilla, and peppermint.   Slowly, add remaining flour mixture.  Make sure everything is well blended. 
  8. Pour into cupcake liners.
  9. Bake 22-25 minutes. 
Yeild - 1 dozen
Serving size - 1 cupcake
Calories per serving - 202

Vanilla Peppermint Frosting
from Coco & Vanilla

Ingredients -

1 c (2 sticks) butter, firm but not cold
1/8 tsp salt
3 1/2 c confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp milk

Directions -
  1. With electric mixer beat butter and salt on medium speed unitl light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
  2. Reduce speed to low and gradually add sugar.  Beat until well incorporated.
  3. Add the extracts and milk, beat until smooth and creamy.  If consistency is too hard; add a T of milk at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
  4. Pipe frosting.
Will frost 1 dozen cupcakes.
Calories per serving - 250
Calories per frosted cupcake - 452




No comments:

Post a Comment