Cheese Stuffed Manicotti in Marinara Sauce
6 manicotti noodle tubes, prepared according to package directions
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c cottage cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 t ground black pepper
15 oz prepared Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 c mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Place in ungreased 12' x 7 1/2" (rectangular) baking dish. *I spoon a little sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
- Pour sauce over noodles.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories per serving - 478
I like to serve dishes like this with something green; salad, green beans, broccoli, or asparagus.