Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheese Stuffed Manicotti in Marinara Sauce

This recipe is adapted from a Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Marinara Sauce recipe found in the CF cookbook "Kids Crave the Darndest Things".  I used manicotti noodle tubes because I've used the jumbo shells before and didn't like working with them.  I changed a couple other things that I thought would make it better...or better according to our tastes.  This dish is definitely a comfort food dish. 



Cheese Stuffed Manicotti in Marinara Sauce

Ingredients -

6 manicotti noodle tubes, prepared according to package directions
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c cottage cheese
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 t ground black pepper
15 oz prepared Marinara sauce

Directions -
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine 3/4 c mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl.
  3. Stuff each manicotti with cheese mixture.
  4. Place in ungreased 12' x 7 1/2" (rectangular) baking dish. *I spoon a little sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
  5. Pour sauce over noodles.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
  7. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
  8. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serves - 3 (2 cheese manicotti per serving)
Calories per serving - 478

I like to serve dishes like this with something green;  salad, green beans, broccoli, or asparagus.




No comments:

Post a Comment