Yummy Cornbread Dressing
1 large skillet of cornbread or roughly 4 cups crumbled cornbread
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 tsp sage
1/4 c butter
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup)
- Saute celery and onions in butter until translucent. (I run them through the food processor to eliminate chunks.) I don't like chunks.
- Crumbled cooled cornbread (if not already done) and add broth and stir.
- Mix cornbread with broth until thin.
- Add sage and celery/onion mixture.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup (do not add water).
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until thick and brown (roughly 35 - 45 minutes).....maybe longer...just kinda gotta check it.
Calories per serving - 322
Calories per batch - 2576