|I know, I'm not a professional cake decorator.|
Trust me - they do taste awesome.
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2/3 c cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c vanilla yogurt
1 c canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c softened butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare cupcake pans with your fun and festive liners.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and alternately beat in the flour and yogurt mixtures in thirds, starting and ending with flour.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove once toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, or center springs back when touched.
- Let cool completely before frosting. (recipe below)
Calories per cupcake - 132 (5.7g fat)
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
from My Kitchen Addiction
1 stick butter
1/4 c shortening
1/3 c dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 c powdered sugar
3 T half and half ( I used 2% milk)
- In a large mixer, combine butter and shortening until light and fluffy (use whisk attachment if you have one).
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar until well combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar 1/2 c at a time.
- Alternately add the half and half, whipping the frosting on med.-high speed after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
Calories per serving - 138 (again, for 2 T frosting per cupcake)
Calories per frosted cupcake - 270
|mmm....happy I had extra! |
|My food critic approves!|