Fried Cheerios. Yes, that is correct. I got this recipe from my friend, Megan. She said her mom used to make these for her when she was a kid and now she makes them for her kids. I finally made them this evening and they're pretty darn good to munch on. I hope you'll try them.
|Oh, don't you know we start with butter!|
- 1 cup Cheerios (plain)
- about 3 T butter
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over a medium/medium high heat.
- Add Cheerios, stirring constantly (they can easily burn).
- Cheerios are done when they are nice and golden brown (they'll also shrink a bit).
- Remove from the skillet into a paper towel lined bowl.
- Salt to taste.
- Enjoy. I liked eating them warm.
|Mmm. Crunchy and buttery!|