Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting

Rachel and I made these cupcakes for CF clinic in August.  I thought the lemon and strawberry flavors went great together.  Boxed cake mix and a container of frosting was transformed into homemade tasting goodness! 

Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting

Cupcakes -
1 box white cake mix with pudding
   (water, veg. oil, & egg whites called for on the cake mix box)
3 T grated lemon peel

Frosting -
4 to 6 medium strawberries, hulled (about 4 oz)
1 container (12 oz) whipped fluffy white frosting

Garnish, if desired -
12 strawberries, sliced
     lemon peel curls

Directions -
1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees (or 325 for dark or nonstick pans).  Place a paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin pan.  Make and bake cake mix as directed on the box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil, and egg whites and adding grated lemon peel.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes.  Remove from pans to cooling racks.  Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2.  Place 4 oz strawberries in a blender.  Cover; pulse 20 seconds to puree strawberries.  Pour 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree into a medium bowl.  Stir in fluffy white frosting until well mixed. 
3.  Generously frost cupcakes.  Garnish with quartered strawberries and lemon peel curls. 

**For a few more calories you can use the whole egg.**

Calories -
180 calories per cupcake (70 from fat)

Recipe found on http://www.pillsbury.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment