Ok, so, ever since I got a grill pan, I've been grilling up veggies like crazy. If you don't have a grill pan, I' say "add it to you Christmas list". Also, you can always use the same ingredients, but bake or broil instead of grill. It makes a really nice side dish at supper. I know this isn't exactly super high calories, but I think for veggies, it was worth posting.
- 1 med. zucchini
- 1 med. yellow squash
- 8 baby red potatoes
- 8 white button mushrooms
- 1 T. McCormick Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil (4 T.)
- Boil potatoes whole for roughly 5-7 minutes. Then remove from pot and cut in half.
- Cut up the mushrooms and squash....anyway you like! (I cut the mushrooms in half, squash and zucchini in thick slices)
- Put all the veggies in a med/large bowl. Add the seasoning and the oil. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cook on a grill pan over a med/med-high heat. Word of warning....if you're not careful you can easily smoke up the house! Been there; done that. lol
- Cook until you have nice grill marks on both sides and are cooked to your preferred "doneness". *I cook mine until they are a little soft/ a little firm.
Not exactly sure on the amount of serving but I'd say at least 5.
Calories - per batch - ~1064
if we say 5 servings- per serving - ~213