|So easy, so pretty, & so yummy|
from Simply Recipes
- 8 oz. semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate; chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- finely chopped walnuts
- finely chopped almonds
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer. (This will take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes.)
- Place chocolate in a separate bowl. Pour cream over the chocolate, add vanilla, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth. ( This chocolate base is called a ganache.)
- Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours. Remove and with a teaspoon roll out balls of the ganache. Roll in your hands quickly (will melt from the heat of your hands) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Roll in cocoa powder or chopped nuts and serve, or place back in the refrigerator until needed.
Calories - approx. 50.8 per truffle (without a coating on them)
Calories per batch of ganache - 1525
I also made dark chocolate and white chocolate truffles. The dark chocolate truffles were made the same way, but in the white chocolate truffles - use 1/4 c. cream and omit the vanilla. I coated my dark chocolate truffles with cocoa powder, my milk chocolate truffles - some with cocoa powder and some with toasted walnuts, and the white chocolate truffles with macadamia nuts.