|This sure was tasty.|
from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade 20 minute meals
- 8 ounces dried mini penne pasta (can you believe the commissary had the mini?!), Barilla
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce, Classico
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, Del Monte
- 1 T. Italian seasoning, McCormick
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, McCormick
- 2 packages (6 oz each) refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips, Oscar Mayer or Louis Rich
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained, Early California
- shredded Parmesan cheese, Kraft
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well; return to hot pot. Cover; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, combine Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes over medium heat. Stir in chicken and olives. Bring to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Serves - 4
Calories per serving - 566
A few things I wanted to note about how I made this recipe a better fit for me and my family:
#1 - I used only half the can of tomatoes & chopped them up more in my little food processor (I can stand chunks of tomatoes....well I just can't stand tomatoes).
#2 - I used a little ground red pepper instead of the flakes. Little Miss won't eat it if she's sees red pepper flakes. Also, I didn't add so much to it wouldn't be too spicy for her.
#3 - I couldn't find the chicken strips the recipe calls for, so I just did it the old fashioned way and cooked the chicken myself and cut it into strips.
#4 - I didn't add the black olives in the dish. Hubby would have spent a good 10 minutes picking around them and Little Miss and I would be nearly finished eating. ha