Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Uncle Lou's Creamy Peas


In June, Rachel and I took a trip to visit my sister and her family.  Rachel's Uncle Lou cooked one night and made these peas.  They were so good.  I made some the other night. If you like peas, but would like a new or different way to fix them, this is a tasty and easy way.

Uncle Lou's Creamy Peas


Uncle Lou's Creamy Peas
by Uncle Lou

Ingredients -
  • 1 cup frozen peas (cooked & drained) or 1 can peas (drained)
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
Directions -
  1. In a saucepan, combine peas, cream, and seasoning.
  2. Cook over a medium/medium low heat (be sure to stir occasionally) until reduced by, at least, half. 
  3. They're done!
Serves - 1 or 2
Calories per serving - 1 cup = 324
                                 - 1/2 cup = 162


Rachel had no problem making these disappear!  Now, if I could only get her to eat a casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment