This recipe comes from the Kids Health website. I really love quiche. As a matter of fact, I didn't even make this for Rachel. I made it for me to take to brunch at a friends house. It is so good, so very easy, so creamy and freezes well. I hope one day you'll try it.
|It doesn't look that pretty, but it sure is good.|
Bacon Cheddar Quiche
from Kids Health
- 9 inch pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 8 oz broiled/pan fried bacon
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a medium bowl until blended well.
- Stir cheese into egg mixture.
- Put pie crust into pie pan and sprinkle with bacon.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and bake for approximately 35+ minutes longer. Quiche is finished cooking when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. (I had to cook mine about 50 minutes.)
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Serving size - 1/8 of quiche
Serves - 8
Calories per serving - 605
I wanted to add that you may start thinking (as you're mixing the egg mixture) that it's not all going to fit in the pie crust. It does! I did put the pie pan on a baking sheet and then put it in the oven.