1 lb ground chicken
2 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, grated on microplane or finely chopped
1 packet Knorr homestyle chicken stock (concentrated)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans; drained and rinsed
1 small can whole kernel corn
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
3 T all-purpose flour
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash Italian Medley seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hot)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley is optional
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat and add the chicken. While chicken is cooking, using a spatula (or something that will work) break up it into small pieces.
- Add the garlic, cumin, onion powder, chili powder & the Mrs. Dash to the chicken; cook for a minute or two making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir the flour into the chicken mixture.
- Add the beans, corn, the chicken stock concentrate, and the cans of chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half and has thickened to the way you like it.
- Add the red pepper flakes and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste,
- Ladle chili into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Calories - 2085 per pot; if serving 4 = 521 calories per serving;
if serving 6 = 348 calories per serving