Overnight Texas Brisket for 20
10 lb. beef brisket
salt and pepper
1-2 oz Worcestershire sauce
1. Generously salt and pepper brisket on both sides.
2. Pour Worcestershire sauce on both sides.
3. Wrap loosely in foil and place, fat side up, in large pan.
4. Cook at 250 degrees for 8-10 hours. (overnight)
5. Cool, slice thinly. (easier with an electric knife)
6. Serve with Easy Sauce in warm flour tortillas.
4 oz pickle juice, any flavor
two 18 oz bottles BBQ sauce, any flavor
1. In medium sauce pan, bring pickle juice to a boil.
2. Add BBQ sauce, and bring to a boil.
3. Stir and pour over sliced brisket.
Calories per serving - 640
Instead of salt and pepper, I used Paula Deen's house seasoning. I plan on serving my brisket in a plate lunch with sides such as potato salad, baked beans, green beans, cornbread, etc. (southern style). Also, cookbook says it "freezes well" - good thing because it's a ton of meat.
|isn't it pretty?|
|it's so tender and juicy|