|Chicken Enchilada Quiche|
from Old El Paso Mexican Special Edition 2005
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz box), softened as directed on box
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. half-and-half or milk
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken breast in water, drained (1 1/2 c) or use left over grilled, baked or rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 c. broken tortilla chips
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 c. Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky Salsa (I use fresh salsa from the refrigerated section)
- 1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream, if desired
- Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired (I use fresh salsa from the refrigerated section)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 9 or 9 1/2 inch glass deep dish pie pan, place pie crust as directed on box for one-crust filled pie.
- In medium bowl with wire whisk, beat eggs until blended; beat in half-and-half. Stir in chicken, chips, both cheeses, 1 cup salsa, green chiles and salt. Pour into pie crust-lined pan. Sprinkle pepper over top of filling.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and/or salsa.
Calories per serving - 480
|I like to have sour cream, salsa & guacamole.|
Just to let you know, I don't bake many pies and don't really know how deep a deep dish pie pan is. I used a deep glass baking dish that is about 3 inches deep. It works great. One other thing....I don't like chunky salsa, so I always run it through the food processor and make it smooth.