Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Spicy Chicken Mac n Cheese



Rachel and I are growing a chili pepper plant for my hubby and he really didn't know what to make with them other than his "blister your tongue" chili.  I suggested spicy mac n cheese or told him to just add it to stuff he already likes.  Well, he decided to make spicy mac n cheese.  I was afraid I wouldn't like it because his idea of spicy is actually turn your face bright red and sweat when you eat it.  To my surprise, this was really good and just a little spicy.....a little tingle on my tongue.  
 
 
So creamy.
 
Spicy Chicken Mac n Cheese
from my hubby
 
Ingredients -
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 T. flour
  • 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
  • 2 or 3 super chili peppers (these are small), finely chopped (or hot pepper of choice)
  • 1/4 c melted butter
  • 1 lb. macaroni noodles
  • 8 oz Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed for easier melting
  • 20 oz Velveeta Sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed for easier melting
  • 1 c milk
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed

Directions -
  1. In a large pan, fill with water and cook macaroni noodles according to package directions and drain.
  2. In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, mustard and flour.  Then sprinkle over noodles - toss to coat.
  3. In another large pan, mix butter and milk over a medium/medium low heat.  Add garlic, hot pepper and both cheeses and stirring frequently until completely melted and creamy.
  4. Once it's all melted and smooth, stir in the noodles and chicken....and your ready to eat.
This is good as your entire meal or as a side dish.  You could also leave out the chicken and it would still be awesome.  Unlike my hubby, I like to have some kind of vegetable....so add a salad or whip up your favorite veggie to eat with this dish.

Serves - approx. 8/10
Calories per serving - for 8 servings - 577
                                   for 10 servings - 462

Can you see the little red bits of  the chili peppers?


Leftovers the next day.....not as creamy but still very good.





No comments:

Post a Comment