|Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwich|
with Tostitos Artisan Baked Three Cheese Queso
Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
by me - Sherry
- 2 slices soft wheat bread or soft white bread (I used wheat - ya know that fiber deal)
- about 1-2 tsp fresh dill (season to taste), finely chopped (suppose you can use dry dill, we had fresh from our garden)
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- Mix the cream cheese and dill together in a small bowl.
- Cut the crust off the bread.
- Spread the mixture on both pieces of bread.
- Place the salmon on one piece of bread and then top with the other.
- To make it look like a tea sandwich, cut diagonally creating 4 pieces.....if you really don't care and just want to eat....then by all means - it's ready, go ahead and eat.
Calories - 269
My sandwich was small because of the bread I used. I had the no-name cheap commissary bread. So, depending on the size of your bread you may have a few more calories in yours. Rachel and I ate our sandwiches with Tostitos Artisan Baked Three Cheese Queso tortilla chips (2g fiber/150 calories per 8 chips). Also, if you've never eaten smoked salmon, it's a little salty. Now, the only reason I have to go back to the tea room is actually just the tea!
|I still can't belive the commissary had this!|
|Dill cream cheese spread on bread.|
|The finished product.|