Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yummy Cornbread Dressing

I've just gotta have cornbread dressing on Thanksgiving.  This recipe is similar to what I had growing up but without all the chunks of onion and celery.  It's easy and has great flavor.  I hope it'll end up on your Thanksgiving Day menu. 



Yummy Cornbread Dressing

Ingredients -

1 large skillet of cornbread or roughly 4 cups crumbled cornbread 
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 tsp sage
1/4 c butter
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup)

Directions -

  1. Saute celery and onions in butter until translucent. (I run them through the food processor to eliminate chunks.)  I don't like chunks.
  2. Crumbled cooled cornbread (if not already done) and add broth and stir.
  3. Mix cornbread with broth until thin.
  4. Add sage and celery/onion mixture.
  5. Stir in cream of chicken soup (do not add water).
  6. Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until thick and brown (roughly 35 - 45 minutes).....maybe longer...just kinda gotta check it. 
Yield - 8 servings
Calories per serving - 322
Calories per batch - 2576

No comments:

Post a Comment