Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. I created this blog so I could share my high calorie recipes. My daughter, Rachel, has CF and I'm always looking for recipes loaded with calories. I hope you see a recipe you'll want to try. Happy browsing.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rachel's Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

This "recipe", if I can really call it that, is something Rach and I thought of for this year's Father's Day treat. I thought of this because every time we go to the Melting Pot he asks for extra marshmallows for the chocolate fondue.  This is how we gave him chocolate marshmallows without the Melting Pot price.  


                                   
                
Rachel's Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
by Rachel

Ingredients - 

  • 1 bag of regular sized marshmallows 
  • 1 16 oz package of chocolate CandiQuik candy coating
  • variety of sprinkles (optional)
Directions - 
  1. Melt chocolate candy coating according to the package directions.
  2. Take a marshmallow and dip in the chocolate & sprinkles.
  3. Place on parchment or wax paper until chocolate hardens.
Calories per chocolate marshmallow - approx. 63 

In this recipe we just dipped half the marshmallow. This is one of those recipes that is super easy to make it your way.....you can totally dip the entire marshmallow.....you could use white chocolate....drizzle chocolate instead of dipping.  Just have fun with it....and if you're doing this with a young cook - plan on wiping up chocolate for days!  

Getting started.

Carefully placing
about every other marshmallow
on the parchment paper.

I think the chocolate fingerprints gives them
that extra pizazz. 

She love creating in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment